Mr. Mandar Deshpande.
Founder & CEO– Taste For Life.
Heads Manufacturing of Premium Products.
Enriched Experience in Food Industry for last 20 Years.
BE Production From Pune University.
Mrs. Minal Deshpande
Co Founder & Sales Director – Taste For Life
Enriched Experience of Customer Relation Management from Past 20 years .
Heads New Product Development Department.
B.Sc Physics, Masters in Electronics (‘A’ Level).
- Deshpande’s Taste for Life products inception was in the year 1997 in Vile Parle (East)
- Deshpande Atta was sold from a small retail outlet in Vile Parle. This Atta brand was accepted widely by the residents of Vile Parle. So, Mr. Mandar thought about providing excellent staple food to every Mumbaikar and the journey started with the brand name as Deshpande’s Atta. Later the Atta was rebranded as Taste for Life.
- Every person who prefers taste in life will prefer our brand.
- Our company exist for 15 years. We have increased our presence gradually from Vile Parle to Mumbai western and central suburb and to Navi Mumbai. We are a dominant player in Thane region as well.
- Initially we have started with only Franchisee home delivery Module.
- Presently we have a customer base of 20,000+ premium customers across Mumbai with exclusive 10+ distributors serving to around 45 franchisees and 1000 A class outlet across Mumbai.
- We are present in Modern retail formats like Reliance Mart, D’mart online, Sahkari Bhandar, Apana Bazar. We own two factory outlets in Vile Parle and Borivali as Taste for Life world of Atta.
- We run an exclusive advanced manufacturing unit in Mahape, New Mumbai.
- Taste for Life Premium Atta is well recognized among elite circle in sports and entertainment.
- We are creators of a premium category in Atta segment. Though we are recognized premium player in Mumbai, Pune, we have spread our wings in global market too. Taste for Life Atta is available in all Al Adil stores in Dubai and also available in Singapore too.
- In today’s fast life, working women face time constraints for cooking. Hence, in 2019 we introduced a New Breakfast Ready Mix range to make her life easy.
How we Started:
We all remember very vividly, it was the year 1997 and the first year of our business. We then were operating from our small retail outlet in Vile Parle.
One day, a young lady customer came to buy atta with a big container in hand and said ‘please empty your 5kg atta pack in this container’.
We were surprised, and offered her our home delivery service for the same 5kg atta pack. But she got uneasy and said ‘me and my family are used to getting our wheat ground from the local chakki. But I don’t like it, as it is very unhygienic and its chapattis turn out very rough. My mother-in-law however, doesn’t trust ready-made atta brands and thinks that chapattis don’t turn out soft, and they are not worth the money. But once I tried your atta, I found it so much better than chakki ground atta. So can you please empty this pack in my container, so that I can pretend it’s from our local chakki. This would make both me and my mother-in-law satisfied, and we also would get to enjoy really soft chapattis, thanks to your brand’.
Smiling, our staff emptied the 5kg atta into the lady’s container…and she walked away happily, with a wider smile on her face than the smile she entered our outlet with.
That day, we actually found the sole purpose of our business and why we created it. And we ever since have only tried to make our customers smile wider. Now, our business has seen bigger numbers of such happy customers and we have them all over Mumbai and internationally too.
Mr. Deshpande with his vision of providing a healthy diet to every metro customer made Taste For Life atta available to premium outlets. His excellent entrepreneur skill set enabled to reach out to every corner in Mumbai. Thus Atta which is a staple food, we converted a premium brand for a premium customer.
3 steps cleaning process before grinding the wheat grain.
- 1st Step: Sorting of Grains, only fully grown grains goes ahead for further process.
- 2nd Step: Cleaning of grains: Other particles or stones are separated.
- 3rd Step: Cleaning of wheat grain
- 100% bran is included while grinding.
- Our manufacturing process is, using a traditional chakki for grinding of wheat. Wheat grain is not damaged during the process hence our atta is healthier.